FIRESafe MARIN is a non-profit organization dedicated to reducing fire hazards, promoting fire safety awareness, and helping residents to become prepared for wildfires in Marin County, California.
Who We Are
We are a non-profit organization dedicated to creating a safe, fire-adapted community in Marin. We offer a wide range of programs and resources, which promote fire safety preparedness, reduce fuel loads and fire hazards, build community cooperation, and encourage environmentally sound fire mitigation practices.
Supported by the Marin Wildfire Prevention Authority (MWPA), CAL FIRE Foundation, and grants from local, state, and federal agencies, FIRESafe MARIN works in partnership with:
- Fire departments and districts
- Residents and neighborhoods
- Community-based organizations (CBOs)
- Public and private land managers
- Landscape professionals
- Insurance companies
- Firewise USA
- Utility companies
FIRESafe MARIN's mission is to educate our community about the dangers of wildfires and what they can do to help save lives, protect homes, and create a resilient environment. We foster community involvement by building partnerships and providing resources for mitigating fire danger.
- Leadership: We provide guidance and direction through our varied professional backgrounds.
- Community Empowerment: We enable communities to achieve wildfire risk reduction through education and financial support.
- Inclusion: We provide multiple services to help reduce the threat of wildfire and improve defensible space in Marin.
- Collaboration: We work together as a group with the common goal of fire safety in Marin.
- Responsiveness: We make it a priority to be available and accessable to all Marin residents.
- Dedication: We are committed to the residents of Marin in reducing the threat of wildfire.
What We Do
FIRESafe MARIN promotes effective fire safety by informing people about wildfire preparedness and vegetation fuels management. We develop and sponsor educational programs for residents and professionals which focus on wildfire risk and hazard reduction. Our organization facilitates vegetation reduction projects, coordinates senior citizen assistance projects, develops technical tips for reducing property losses due to wildfire, and provides localized advice about fire-smart landscaping. We promote, develop, and support Firewise USA-recognized communities.